Sunday, March 14, 2010

Is Bob Dylan a President?

So I am wearing a Bob Dylan t-shirt this evening. It has a head shot of him placed in the middle of a hot air balloon. Bob’s name is written underneath. Max saw it after I put it on and immediately asked me if the picture was that of a President named Bob. I wish!

Anyway, I just thought that I would give everyone a heads up on what has been going on with the Hawkins family lately. Spring baseball started recently for Max. He is playing machine pitch ball this year and we actually play with rules! I can’t wait. I was so tired of coaching baby baseball. It will be good for the kids to see that everyone can’t win all of the time and that you can’t stay on base even if you make an out. That kind of coddling drives me insane. Unfortunately, we have only been able to complete one practice because of the rain. Why do we play baseball in the early spring? It rains every other day! Max continues to do well in school. He recently made the Principal’s “favorite” list for a 100 on his spelling test and exhibiting outstanding handwriting. He did not get the handwriting skills from me! I think that Max may also be developing an interest in hockey. He loves the Pred’s and we went skating on Saturday. Unfortunately, he must complete a skating class in order to play in a league. I just don’t know when we will have time. I also don’t know how he could wear the hockey helmet. I don’t think that I could cut a space out for his “ear” like I did with his baseball helmet, so he would have to play with no hearing. I don’t know if that would be a character building experience or just frustrating.

Claire continues to be the apple of my eye. I don’t know if my heart is big enough to contain all of the love that I have for that girl! She is a pistol, but that makes her even dearer to me. I love that big girl. She is doing well in school and her talking continues to improve bit by bit. I am worried about her being ready for mainstreamed kindergarten, but I think that she will make it. Claire is so smart. She just seems not to put out the same efforts to please that Max did. I guess part of that is just her personality (knothead). I know that God has big plans for her. He just isn’t working on my schedule. I’ll learn to be patient one of these days. On a side note, I don’t mean to write less about Claire. Max is just in a life stage where I tend to live through him vicariously. I know that’s probably not a great thing, but hey. I’m just a dumb dad!

I am so blessed. I love my kids and I love my wife. Things don’t always go my way, but my family always picks me up when I am down. Pray for us. We’ll take all of the blessings that we can get. See ya!

No comments: